Hi! I'm Matt, a developer and developer advocate interested in the XRP Ledger, blockchains and cryptocurrencies in general, AI / machine learning, and Python.
As a developer, I enjoy building things, especially combining multiple different things, to produce something new.
As a developer advocate, I enjoy helping other developers to learn, understand and build. Let's learn something new together! I am also the "voice of the developer" at the table — bringing your feedback to the product team.
I'm currently living in Barbados and taking some time out of work to focus on my family.
Previously, I was:
- the Director of Developer Relations / Principal Developer Advocate at Ripple
- a ML/AI Developer Advocate at IBM Cloud
- The co-creator of Choirless - a tool to allow remote musicians to play together, 2nd place in IBM's Call for Code competition
- the lead of the mobile development team at enquos
- Technical Director of Netsight, a web development agency in the UK
- ...and board member of the Plone Foundation.
Some stuff that I've done
This is just a sample selection of projects I've done, or been substantially involved with over the past few years to give you an idea of the sort of stuff I like doing:
- A blog post and recording of a talk I gave to the IBM UKI Technical Consulting Group on Twitch Streaming
- A talk I gave at the National University of Singapore (NUS) FinTech Lab: Masterclass in Payments and Blockchain
- A series of ten videos "Intro to the XRP Ledger" that I wrote the initial scripts for
- The XRP Ledger Grants programme that I helped setup and have been a judge for
- A talk / live coding session I gave on the XRP Ledger at Kansas University Blockchain Institute
- A video on Choirless: Connecting musicians with AI and IBM Cloud
- A Twitch live-coding session on: Joyful Tweets: Using IBM Tone Analysis API
- A blog post I wrote: Issuing Assets on the XRP Ledger for Ethereum Developers
Some other places you can find me and my content:
- LinkedIn profile
- Polywork timeline
- My Github page
- Some tech blog posts on Dev.to
- Some videos I've recorded
- Slides of some of my talks
- My (a bit outdated) blog
If you want a chat about any of this, or think I can help your team, then get in touch. My email address is my first name at this domain name.